MCAA Academy Privacy statement
- The MCAA Academy is a service operated by the Marie Curie Alumni Association (MCAA) for the benefit of MCAA members. This service is operated under contract by Aluminati Network Group Ltd. (Aluminati) acting under instruction as our Data Processor under the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2018. Aluminati will process personal data strictly for the purposes of operating this service. Aluminati is registered with the Information Commissioner under membership number Z8393842.
- Participation in the MCAA Academy, whether as a ‘Mentor’ or as a ‘Mentee’, is voluntary, meaning that each participant has deliberately registered for participation, and thereby agrees to share their personal information with other participants, and with the MCAA as organisers. As the MCAA collects and further processes personal data, it is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning the protection of individuals regarding the processing of personal data, and on the free movement of such data.
- MCAA Academy participants who are MCAA members have already consented to the MCAA General Conditions (https://www.mariecuriealumni.eu/legal-notice); by registering to participate in the MCAA Academy, the MCAA member is further agreeing to receive all e-mails or other communications related to the activities of the MCAA Academy, and that some of their personal information may be visible to other MCAA Academy participants as required for the operation of the MCAA Academy.
- MCAA Academy participants who are not members of the MCAA (mainly certain external ‘Mentors’) are, by registering for the MCAA Academy, giving their consent to the MCAA General Conditions and in addition agreeing to receive all e-mails or other communications related to the activities of the MCAA Academy, and that some of their personal information may be visible to other MCAA Academy participants as required for the operation of the MCAA Academy.
- All MCAA Academy participants (both MCAA members and non-members) fully undertake to safeguard the data privacy of other MCAA Academy participants. All MCAA Academy participants undertake, in particular, not to communicate in any manner the personal data concerning any other MCAA Academy participant(s) to any third party without first obtaining the informed and written consent of that (those) person(s) for their personal data to be so communicated.
- Any MCAA Academy participant can withdraw from the MCAA Academy at any time, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com clearly stating their wish to withdraw from the MCAA Academy. The MCAA undertakes to permanently delete all personal information concerning the withdrawn participant at the earliest possible opportunity. Withdrawal from the MCAA Academy by an MCAA member does not constitute a resignation of MCAA membership; see the MCAA General Conditions concerning resignation of MCAA membership.